Today we had a double playdate. As in two playdates in one day. This morning some friends came over and while the kids played the other mom and I talked shop. Mom stuff, weight stuff, exercise stuff, scrapbook stuff. It was really a win-win situation.
The this afternoon/evening we went on a playdate to Chick-Fil-a. Kevin went to the DC United game with some buddies (ie. a "man-date".) So a neighbor and fellow walking buddy (her husband is out of town on business) packed up the kiddos and went for a fun dinner. Who can beat a waffle fries and an indoor play area?
Add in a tubby for each child, books and tucking in and you get one exhausted mama! I better get my rest because we have a big, busy couple of weeks coming!
The best part about today: Reading books before bedtime....I am often running at this time and miss how special that time is with the children.
No comments:
Post a Comment