Flashback to August 27, 2006: I had been feeling pretty icky all weekend and, since I was past my due date, knew the time was near. I was to be induced the next morning anyway. But I had just finished Sunday dinner with the family and settled Madelyn in for the night. I called my friend Alice in Seattle. As we chatted I noted the contractions I was having. As we hung up she encouraged me to give the midwife a call. That was around 11 p.m. I called, she said I should come in. We arrived about midnight and Abby was born about 12 hours later. On Alice and Dave's wedding anniversary.
But I am also thinking about all that has happened in the last year. Sometimes I do not know how I did it and other times I think I simply can't do it but the facts are the facts: Kevin and I together have successfully given life and continue to provide for these two precious little girls.
So their birthdays are really special days for us also. We celebrate the tremendous gift they are to us. Their presence is our present.
Ok, I also wouldn't mind the gift of a good night's sleep....Abby continues to wake up at night! Start your "new year" off right and give it up, girl.
The other funny thing is it was this day (as in the day before Madelyn's birthday) that I found out I was pregnant with Abby! Oh Lord, I cannot imagine if that were the case again. Wowzer.
The best part about today: Taking a Popsicle break with the girls this afternoon out on the deck. It was Abby's 1st Popsicle. She really enjoyed it! Everything got ugly (an sticky!) at the end but it was fun while it lasted.
No comments:
Post a Comment