Today was a crafty day. I am the arts and crafts chair for our MOMS Club (another Mommy club we are members of!) It's a perfect role for me because I LOVE that kind of thing. This month we are doing marble painting. We tried it at one of the children's museums and I thought I could replicate it. The girls tested it out today and wow, was it fun! I even adapted it so Abby can participate. Really fun. The group is coming over on Monday so we should be all set. We also tried next month's craft which will be printmaking with produce. That did not work as well so I have to work on that before next month's craft.
We also had a neighbor friend come over for a playdate. Ella just turned 3 and is one of Madelyn's "best" friends if she could have one at age 2 1/2. The girls played so well together. It sure made things easier for me also because they entertained one another. Ella was also encouraging Madelyn with the potty since she is already trained. (Madelyn went twice on the potty today---horray!) They are both really into princesses so there was a lot of dress up, princess talk and other girly fun. Abby slept for part of the time when Ella was here but when she was awake she was right in there trying to play with the big girls.
Kevin is off tomorrow so that means a three day weekend for us! I cannot wait. I am going to lunch with my mom and sister-in-law. It will be so fun to go out to lunch and not have to cut up anyone's food, put down a plastic placemat or make sure lids are on cups. I might even get to finish a conversation. What a novelty!
The best part about today: I ran 3 miles this evening. I have decided to run the Baltimore Marathon in a relay with some mom friends. We each will have to run about 6-miles. I am nervous and excited...it is quite a goal to shoot for.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WOW you go girl with your running self!
How do you fit absolutely everything in your day? You are one busy gal.
Post a Comment