Pretty much all day Abigail had to have the purse over her shoulder. Toddling around. It's just priceless.
While I had the camera out I continued to snap away at the afternoon of fun.....
Fall seems to have hit. It is now cool and rainy. Not the greatest but certainly a fine change of pace. Madelyn was very excited to stomp around in the puddles this afternoon in her rain boots. Unfortunately since the rain has been slow and steady there are more mud puddles than water puddles but thank heavens for the boots.
Earlier today both girls participated in studies at Johns Hopkins. They both seemed to do fine. It is so interesting. I have no idea how they quantify that but it is kind of neat to be a part of the studies. Abby's was testing memory and recall---a game where she had to track and grab small balls in a box. It was so funny because she was looking at me like "what is going on?" then she would find the balls and say "ooooo" It was really hard not to laugh. Madelyn's was testing vocabulary comprehension and how preschoolers learn new words. The study was a short computer game that would call out a word and she would have to point with her magic wand (a feather duster) to the word. Very interesting! Some where things she would have no way of knowing what they were because they were made up names. She did pretty well and from what I could tell only got one wrong---the bicycle---either she was not paying attention or we almost always just call it a bike. Who knows. Hopefully they were helpful to the researchers.
Tomorrow Kevin is going to school with Madelyn. I am kind of sad to miss out but it will be a lot of fun for them. We are bringing the snack tomorrow (long story!!) so since the theme is spiders I made this snack with Oreos and pretzels: I am not necessarily going for "snack of the year" but these are just too darn cute. I hope the kids aren't too scared of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment