Saturday, October 6, 2007

Horray for the weekend!

I am so glad the weekend is here. Kevin was off yesterday and will be off Monday so it is a really long weekend for us. Yippee.

Madelyn and I had a great time at school yesterday. Her teacher was great and everyone seems to be in the groove now. The children are feeling more comfortable so there were a few more squabbles than usual but that is to be expected. I just adore the projects that we bring home. For me that is the single greatest thing about preschool. The leaf wreath she made proudly hangs for all to see. I might move it from the door though because I would be so upset if it would rain and somehow get to ruining it.

I love when Kevin is home a weekday because we can get some many things done that I normally do not have the energy for. Yesterday afternoon I spent hours organizing photos. I decided I take too many photos. The idea of scrapbooking them all (the only option at this point since I started) is a tad overwhelming. I mean I have a lot of photos! But I treasure them all so much so I know I will never stop taking so many. It was fun to go through and organize and it sure feels good. I am planning to go to an all scrapbooking event in a few weeks so I bet I will get a lot done then. I can't wait!

Last night we made grilled pizza which we have been wanting to do for a long time. If you have never done it I so recommend it. The funny thing is we had planned to do that for Abby's birthday party. I am so glad we did not because it would have been crazy with more than a few people. It was our neighbor Amy's recipe so she joined for the pizza (and wine.)

Today is already shaping up to be a busy day. I went for a long run with my team this morning. One week until race day! I am sooo excited. Hopefully we will be able to drive my route this weekend. I am not sure if that will be scary or reassuring. We are off to swimming lessons in a few minutes. The kids are not loving it so I hope that changes. I am okay with a little healthy fear of the water. After that we have to get our flu shots. Is it bad that I am hoping to get the Flu Mist while the kids will have to get the shots? I am such a chicken. I mean really I can have two children---an epidural with each of them---and I am going to be scared of a little flu shot?

No comments: