Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Worry Machine

Parenthood is filled with worry. I mean you really worry about everything from driving safely to lead paint risks to registered sex offenders. I was a worrier long before children so I have got it down. One thing I tend to worry about is what the girls eat or don't eat. They are basically so-so eaters despite their slender physique. Madelyn used to eat everything (as Abigail does now) and that was great. We thought, "Oh we are so good, our kid eats broccoli, etc." Well at around age 2 that all changes and they can morph into picky mickeys. Madelyn's line lately is "I can't like that." Oh you can, little miss, and you will. But 9 times out of 10 she covers her mouth with two hands, shakes her head and insists, no, she can't like it. Where do they come up with this stuff? If only they could stay at the stage where everything tastes good. Luckily soda is still a forbidden fruit (adult drink.) Once we go down that path it will be hard to break her of it. We try to instill healthy habits with fun treats and mostly we do a good job so we should try not to worry. About that at least. There are plenty of other worries to get to.....

The best part about today: A MOMS Club outing at our favorite, Chick-Fil-A---the kids played, I talked and we all had a yummy (and cost effective---thanks to that free chicken sandwich coupon!) lunch on a super hot day.

No comments: