Friday, October 19, 2007

A Very Full Friday

We love Fridays. Due to the school field trip earlier this week Madelyn did not have school today. Wow, a day off! For the first time in about a month Nana was off and home on Friday so we were able to get together. We took the kiddos to Whole Foods for the Half Pint Club (read stories, prizes and free food for the kids.) Fun, fun, fun!

Funny story about breakfast though. Before we set off our our day's adventure I of course fed the girls. I made waffles and cantaloupe and their respective "monkey drinks." (In Madelyn's I actually put pureed spinach in there.....eeeeech.....but she did drink it right down. Amazing!) I set Madelyn's plate on the table first. Abigail was not in her seat yet. I went to go grab her plate and when I came back she had toddler over to the table, flipped the plate over and grabbed a waffle. Waffle Burglar! I called her name which scared the heck out of her. She threw the waffle in the air, started crying and went running to the window. Well it was not that big of a deal...no use crying over a little spilled syrup. I guess I just startled her. Poor girl. I know from now on to serve her first!

We will be getting our fill of swimming this weekend. We made up a class tonight and then will go for our usual session tomorrow morning. Maybe we will turn them into fish yet!

The most exciting news of the day---my friend Kim had her baby boy! Yay! I hope to get to the hospital tomorrow to meet him. Baby Ben is finally here. Kim had a pretty quick and easy labor. I am quite impressed because he weighed 9 lbs. 3 oz.! WTG, Kim!!!

The best part about the day: A super clean house and 16 dinners made. Perhaps it was something to do with my friend being in labor but I had a burst of cleaning and cooking today. I cleaned the entire nap time and even washed the insides and outsides of the windows. (Who does that??? I mean I always knew I could but never have until now.) Then I went to pick up Super Suppers so I have 16 yummy meals in the freezer. That and a clean house. I guess cleaning and cooking is all part of "my job" so I should not be jumping up and down over it. HA! But just like at any job you can finish your day and think, I did an extra good job today. Maybe I will be up for a promotion....

No comments: