Kevin is off to Indiana for a work trip this evening (boo-hoo!) but was able to spend the whole day with us. So that allowed me to go to the expo sans children. What a treat for me! It was fun to see all the other runners and all the goodies they had set up. I was excited before but I am even more excited now. Thank heavens the weather has cooled off (a little too much? HA!) but it should be nice for race day. I had a dream about running the race this week. It was a happy dream...not an anxiety dream. In my dream I was just running my course as light as air and waving to my adoring fans. Funny! Amazingly I am not nervous about the 6.8 mile distance. But I am a tad concerned about the "no ipod" rule. I really get going with my music--that keeps my pace. I need my tunes! I am not sure if I will tempt fate and bring it (the book says breaking any of the rules could lead to disqualification!!!) I am such a rule follower. I know I will not bring it. I will just have to channel a little Christina Aguilera, Black Eyed Peas, etc. and hope I keep on keepin' on.
This is a high tech race and you can sign up to receive updates via text message or e-mail. Cool, eh? Click here if you want to try it out.
The expo was a huge highlight of the day but the rest of the day was pretty great also. With Kevin home we all went to the library for storytime and went to the playground after naps. Those are two things that are tricky with a one mom to two kids ratio. So we put the man-to-man defense into play and we all had a great time.
2 comments:
Go Jess Go!
how exciting!! I signed up to get your updates!! Have a great run.
Post a Comment