Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back to normal, for now

Well we had a crazy run and I think we are all almost back in order now. We all got so run down from a busy weekend. We just aren't as young as we once were....the grown-ups and the kids! The rest of the weekend was filled with visits with friends we have not seen in a while, family night and a baby shower. Plus all the extra must-do errands. No wonder we were all so run down.

Now we are starting to anticipate our trip to Chicago. We're driving. Eek. I am already getting myself very worked up about it. But usually that works for me because I really play things up in my head and they can never be that bad. It's really Abigail that will be the worry. She was so unhappy on the way to and from Hershey and that was less than 2 hours in the car! Then we were hoping to make the extra 5 hours each way to see my extended family in LaCrosse which is more time in the car and two less days to see and do all we want to see and do in Chicago. We just cannot win. See my blood pressure is rising just typing about it. It will all work out. No matter how long we stay anywhere I never seem to have gotten enough visiting in for as many people and as long as I want to. That's just me. We were supposed to be leaving this weekend but pushed it back a week. The big fun for the trip will be an anniversary party for Glamma and Grandpa---it was 40 years in May! So that will be a festive occasion that we are all looking forward to.

No comments: