So today we had Kate at our house when Lisa was able to reschedule her appointment from last week. Abby was looking forward to it so much and it was all she could "talk" about...Kate, Kate, Kate. So not to be a third wheel in all the almost-2-year-old play/fun I tasked Madelyn with being my special helper and told her she could be by babysitting assistant. Boy was she great! She helped Kate with her shoes when we went outside, pushed her bike around, poured her a snack, retrieved her cup, brought her toys.....a real gem, she was. But this is my question, her very own sister is the same exact age (give or take a few days!) Why can she not always be the super helpful? My day-to-day life would be a true dream then. It certainly could not have only been the promise of a lollipop as payment. I guess it is just a sister thing.
The downside of the morning came later when Lisa came to pick up Kate. Caroline, Madelyn's friend in that sisterly duo, was with her. It was a nice treat for Madelyn after a long morning of "hard" work. They got right into playing and having their usual fun. I knew it was almost time for Madelyn to take a bathroom break but she was so reluctant to do so (a common occurrence.) When I went in to the bathroom, where they were filling up a water pen, to give Madelyn one last reminder I realized I was too late. This potty training thing is still a struggle in this house and it is DRIVING ME CRAZY! I really do not know what to do. I am trying so hard not to guilt her into it but come one already, it is time to be fully independent in this department!! I think we have, once again, go back to the basics. I am really starting to wonder if Abby will be fully trained before Madelyn. I would not be surprised. I cannot get that girl OFF the potty! Woe is me.
With all the stress and excitement, and the desire to break the cycle of the late night bedtime, I decided to skip naps and hit the gym for a late afternoon playtime for them, workout for me. What a super idea! My neighbor told me this was the best time to go. She was so right. There were so many less children. I think in the 30s, as opposed to over 100. Of course Abby was entertaining the group when she apparently took all her clothes off (her new trick). I am sure it was an attempt to get into the bathroom. I am not sure if we can go everyday at that time but I sure would not mind going every once and a while. It was truly the best medicine for a wild and crazy.
Now let's see what time they get to bed....and then get up tomorrow morning!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment