We were still working on the valentines this morning and that involved a lot of paint, glitter, glue and other messy craft supplies. The phone rang. I answered it and noticed the gottle of glue had spilled onto one of the precious works of art. I started to clean it up, with the phone on my ear. I glance over to Abby who now has Madelyn right behind her. That's when things went into slow motion. Madelyn, safety scissors in hand, gives a little chop chop and down go Abby's never been trimmed curly locks. I could not believe it. I mean I heard of this happening. But I am standing right there! I know I was a bit preoccupied but I was standing right there...do I need to mention cleaning up the other major mess? So though it was not an all over chop--you can barely tell if you are looking at her from the front--it is significant and needs to be dealt with by a professional. So we are off to an emergency first haircut for Abigail after nap time. I guess it could have been much, much worse if I had not been right there or had been more preoccupied (which I often am) than I was today. We'd be going in for a buzz cut vs. what I hope will be a cute, short bob.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Abby's 1st haircut
Please do not judge me when I tell you this story. I do watch the children, in fact I think I tend to keep too close of an eye on them sometimes. Well not today.
We were still working on the valentines this morning and that involved a lot of paint, glitter, glue and other messy craft supplies. The phone rang. I answered it and noticed the gottle of glue had spilled onto one of the precious works of art. I started to clean it up, with the phone on my ear. I glance over to Abby who now has Madelyn right behind her. That's when things went into slow motion. Madelyn, safety scissors in hand, gives a little chop chop and down go Abby's never been trimmed curly locks. I could not believe it. I mean I heard of this happening. But I am standing right there! I know I was a bit preoccupied but I was standing right there...do I need to mention cleaning up the other major mess? So though it was not an all over chop--you can barely tell if you are looking at her from the front--it is significant and needs to be dealt with by a professional. So we are off to an emergency first haircut for Abigail after nap time. I guess it could have been much, much worse if I had not been right there or had been more preoccupied (which I often am) than I was today. We'd be going in for a buzz cut vs. what I hope will be a cute, short bob.

We were still working on the valentines this morning and that involved a lot of paint, glitter, glue and other messy craft supplies. The phone rang. I answered it and noticed the gottle of glue had spilled onto one of the precious works of art. I started to clean it up, with the phone on my ear. I glance over to Abby who now has Madelyn right behind her. That's when things went into slow motion. Madelyn, safety scissors in hand, gives a little chop chop and down go Abby's never been trimmed curly locks. I could not believe it. I mean I heard of this happening. But I am standing right there! I know I was a bit preoccupied but I was standing right there...do I need to mention cleaning up the other major mess? So though it was not an all over chop--you can barely tell if you are looking at her from the front--it is significant and needs to be dealt with by a professional. So we are off to an emergency first haircut for Abigail after nap time. I guess it could have been much, much worse if I had not been right there or had been more preoccupied (which I often am) than I was today. We'd be going in for a buzz cut vs. what I hope will be a cute, short bob.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't think I'll call anymore :)
it is a cute haircut!
Post a Comment