Snow day! We got out to play in the white stuff (all 2 inches of it--wowee.) Abby absolutely loathed it. The girl cannot keep her mitten on and then totally freaks out when her hands freeze. I had to drag her inside screaming so she could thaw but Madelyn was outside screaming because she wanted to stay outside to play. Thanks goodness for the beautiful windows in the back room---it was the best of both---eye on her and not leaving the little one inside alone (which could be disastrous...she likes to jump off of couches and stand on windowsills.)
My other brilliant idea was to fill water bottle bottles with colored water so the girls could "paint" the snow. What a fun mom thing of me to do, right? Well it was all fine and good until Madelyn sprayed Abigail. I could not get the color off her face so I do not have a lot of confidence it will come out of her coat. I hope that comes out or else Abby will be making a new fashion statement through the rest of winter with a pink coat with haphazard blue polka dots. Kids!
I am so with the other moms who say it is so much more time and effort getting everyone dressed and out the door than spent outside playing. But that is the joy of winter. It looks like we may have a snow day tomorrow too. We'll see.
We were productive in our time at home. We packed for our trip! What better way to spend a snow day then dressing up in spring/summer clothes. Woo-hoo. The countdown is really on now---next week at this time we will be in (hopefully sunny!) Florida.

My other brilliant idea was to fill water bottle bottles with colored water so the girls could "paint" the snow. What a fun mom thing of me to do, right? Well it was all fine and good until Madelyn sprayed Abigail. I could not get the color off her face so I do not have a lot of confidence it will come out of her coat. I hope that comes out or else Abby will be making a new fashion statement through the rest of winter with a pink coat with haphazard blue polka dots. Kids!
I am so with the other moms who say it is so much more time and effort getting everyone dressed and out the door than spent outside playing. But that is the joy of winter. It looks like we may have a snow day tomorrow too. We'll see.
We were productive in our time at home. We packed for our trip! What better way to spend a snow day then dressing up in spring/summer clothes. Woo-hoo. The countdown is really on now---next week at this time we will be in (hopefully sunny!) Florida.
1 comment:
Fun! We do the colored water thing -- if you use washable tempura paint, you don't have the staining issues!(I too, learned the hard way). I may try to call you today - I want to catch up!
Post a Comment