Well one day it's the pretty winter scene of snow covering the sidewalks and the next there is a sheet of scary, slippery, break-your-hip kind of ice over top that pretty snow. Welcome to the MidAtlantic. I know we get a bum rap for freaking over the teeniest bit of snow but ice is a whole different story. It is true. There have been days when schools have been closed and all it does is rain. But today's "no school" was a good call. So please cut us some slack, President Obama. It was really icy today. I was glad Kevin ending up staying home (though it was more due to back problems he is having than to the icy conditions. Poor guy!)
Madelyn and I went our in the backyard for a little bit. Our new patio made for a very nice ice skating rink. Round and round we went. She had an absolute ball flying (literally!) down the hill. No sled required. It was quite a workout getting back up the hill. Who needs the gym when you have days like this: the trekking up hills, the ice skating, the shoveling.
But it was another day that we were stuck at home. It could be a record. If you read this blog very often you know that is not the norm. We are on-the-go people. But it's been kind of nice. We got quite a bit of work done on our valentines...and I finally finished the scrapbook for 2007. Woo-hoo. I am still putting off the final touches of the story assignment I am working on. The computer is still in shambles so that is how I have been putting it off. (I am on Kevin's work laptop right now). I will get it finished by the weekend. But our sick days/ snow days/ice days all in all have been quality time. That is good.
Now if these munchkins would just go to sleep...we'd soon follow.
Maybe we will actually leave the house tomorrow.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment