Friday, January 23, 2009

High highs & Low lows

Ok so this was definitely the high point of my day! How cute.

The girls were playing so nicely in the basement (though they should have been taking a nap!) I had some computer work that needed to get done so it was pretty cool they could occupy themselves in a safe way. Love the outfits!

All in all the day was not bad, it just took dramatic turn southward after the above adorable photo was taken.

Due to my preoccupation with my "work" (ie. mom's club stuff) we had to race around like crazy people so we would not be late for ballet, as we have been the last two weeks. Chaos! But we made it, a little late, but not too late.

That 45 minutes was very peaceful. A calm after a storm. But when class let out, the storm was about to brew again.

We arrive home to have Abby holing her ear, crying nonstop. Each infection? What else could it be? It's just so weird that it started up just after the doctor's office closed for the day. I guess our "to do's" tomorrow will include a visit to the pediatrician. She screamed and cried inconsolably for an hour. I felt pretty helpless (she would not eat, she would not rest, she would not be held, she would not be put down). She was fine an hour ago, this was all so weird. It is bath night (her least favorite thing to do) but I figured how much more upset can she get? Well I found out! Yikes. The girl is like a cat in the bathtub. It's really a two person job. Madelyn just stood watching in disbelief. The only time Abby stopped crying in that hour or so was when she sat down on the potty and actually went. It was kind of humorous because she just sort of went, "oh yeah" gave a little clap of the hands and then back to the crying. We'll get her all checked out tomorrow morning. Hopefully we have an okay night.

The other one is more scary though. Off and on today Madelyn has had a little intestinal thing going on. Nothing at all serious, she's not complaining of a stomach ache or anything--she seems perfectly in control (no accidents) but things seem a little off. I am not sure if I dispensed a little too much Miralax or what. Stop reading the end of this paragraph if you are eating or have a sensitive stomach: I guess she has never had diarrhea before because as she went to the bathroom she was like, "was that pee pee or poo poo?" Poor girl. I really try not to talk about their bathroom business but that just kind of cracked me up.

I live in fear of the day that we get stomach bugs. Being a mom means dealing with bodily fluids. They always say, "when it's your own kid, you just can do it." I do not think I will be able to deal with throw up. I really do not. Having girls I got lucky and had less (if any?) fluids, if you know what I mean, on me when they were little. (Moms of boys tell me stories.) I know some may say that I have not really earned my stripes as a mom since I have not had to deal with the throw up stuff. The day will come. I just hope it is not this weekend. I left a bowl by her bed just in case. She was so confused because she said her stomach does not hurt. But I just wanted to be prepared, just in case. I definitely don't want any late night surprises.

They are both sound asleep now so I hope it will stay that way. I plan to have a quiet night of scrapbooking (and laundry!)

No comments: