Thursday, July 30, 2009

Career aspirations

Yesterday we were driving home from Madelyn's irish dance camp (more on that tomorrow) and we were bringing one of her friends home with us. The girls are chatting about what they want to be when they grow up. Emily talking about her mom who is/was a lawyer and Emily says maybe she would like to be a lawyer or a doctor--or both. Then I ask Madelyn, "what do you think you want to be when you grow up?" She cheerfully, and without hesitation, responds, "a mailman!"

I could not stop laughing. It was so funny on a couple levels. I absolutely would not care if she is a postal carrier (is that the sex-inclusive way to say it?) She'd sure get a lot of exercise and would probably be in the know about everything in celebrity news from delivery People and other celebrity-type-gossip magazines to homes!

1 comment:

Diana said...

That is so cute! And I had to chuckle when I read it, because when I was Madelyn's age, I also wanted to be a mailman. Although I called it a "mailman lady."