Thursday, July 16, 2009

VBS update

I have been thinking of reasons of why it is called vacation bible school. My two best so far, based on my experience this week, has been 1. you totally take a vacation from your normal life to participate (no playdates as usual, outings, gym appearances, etc.) and 2. you need a vacation after it is finished. I mean I am so tired I actually had a babysitter for the girls yesterday afternoon and came home to take a nap. What a luxurious treat. They are way to wired to sleep so they had some fun with their friends while I recharged.

We are having a very, very good time though. Today was an especially good day. One of my main responsibilities is sharing the bible story. No easy task with such little cuties. One wants mommy, another cannot sit still for long at all, another always wants to know what's coming next, another is ready for snack...and there are are my two. But today was exceptional. Go figure I told the story of Jesus' death and resurrection. I thought for sure the lesson on the plagues (fake frogs and bugs) would be grabber but they were hanging on every word. That really is pretty special.

I am so glad tomorrow is Friday though. New meaning to TGIF. :)!


Post VBS posting addition: It WAS such a great week, especially now that we have recovered. I am so glad Kevin borught the camera on Friday so I could capture a few memories of my group. Pretty much this photo is worth a thousand words.

No comments: