Thursday, July 30, 2009

Last day of summer school

Abigail's summer session ended today. It was such a fun thing for her this summer and just good for all of us. I really enjoyed my alone time with Madelyn since I had alone time with Abby when Madelyn was in school last year. I was excited to hear about some friends Abigail had made---some of whom she would like to invite to her "birthday party." It might be hard because I do not know them or their parents! She was so funny though and I think thoroughly enjoyed the class.

The potty training is really not going so great. She insists on wearing the underwear but just isn't really getting the hang of it. Lots of clean-up! She is great of she can run around naked (our neighbors can attest to this!) But we spend such little time at home this is just not practical. If I look back Madelyn was not fully potty trained until after she turned 3 but I just feel like it is going sooo slowly. Potty training still stands as my least favorite parenting activity. Arrggghh. Honestly can teenage years be worse? (I better not ask.) At least we all have a good attitude about it. Eventually we will be a diaper-free household. Amazing.

No comments: