Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fly By Butterflies

For Father's Day we got Kevin a butterfly garden. Our caterpillars came a week or so ago and we have been watching and waiting. Well yesterday morning we had butterflies---5 of them! The girls named them: Sparkler, Star, Baby, Chair and Lisa. Just the naming alone was quite amusing. There is some speculation whether I enjoyed this experience more than the girls but we all had fun. Though I felt a little sad releasing them this morning I was also so happy for them to be free and get on with their life. I thought they might enjoy the butterfly bushes in our front yard but they flew off and did not look back! I guess that is how I will feel when the girls go off to college. I took almost 30 photos of the process but here are a few of my favorites.




No comments: