So we are in it full force with Abigail now. Potty training. I have put it off and stopped-and-started for long enough. Potty training is my least favorite thing to do as a parent. I had hoped she would train herself as some second children do. She may have way back when when we were finishing up with Madelyn but I may have discouraged it since I felt so worn out with Madelyn. No sense in wondering what would have happened. Now is the time. Seize the day(s).
I am such a different mommy with it this time anyway. That is probably for the best. I read and planned and I read some more with Madelyn. I rolled out all these different things---Potty Polly, charts, rewards, personalized book I wrote and illustrated with pictures of her. What am I doing with Abby? Nothing really. (Though I do intend to make her her own book.) Just letting her wear her big girl panties and seeing what happens. Not freaking about accidents. (I am not sure I went into so much with Madelyn but that was a real stressor for me with her.)
I have no idea what necessarily has changed my ways--stress, chaos, my other mood swings or something else. Maybe I am just growing up as a parent. All I know is it was pretty difficult with Madelyn and I wanted a different experience or I might just go totally nuts. Regardless I think it is for the better of everyone. There is plenty of laundry and I guess there will be for a few days...hopefully not weeks.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment