I took some video which really captures the spirit of this dance but until I can figure out how to actually post it to the blog, photos will have to do. But trust us, it was adorable!
Saturday, August 1, 2009
High stepping sisters
Last week Madelyn was in an Irish dance camp---one week of Irish dance basics in a class called "Tiny Toes." Oh how appropriate! (Abigail basically audited the class as she did the identical moves from the sidelines---even tinier toes!) Irish dance is really cool. Lots of jumping and skipping and those hands down at the side. It is a great deal to remember and quite a bit different from the ballet and tap Madelyn has some experience with already. But I think she had fun and we will see if there is a future in Irish dancing. Maybe she will take after Aunt Kelly, who was a very accomplished Irish danced. (She and her sister were both quite good---we saw the videotapes!) The even more "small world" thing was the teacher of this camp, and the owner of the whole studio including the multiple locations, was someone I lived in the KD quad with in college. Imagine that! What a major accomplishment for her since this studio, Teelin School of Irish dance, and the business is quite successful! The parents' waiting room packed.
I took some video which really captures the spirit of this dance but until I can figure out how to actually post it to the blog, photos will have to do. But trust us, it was adorable!


I took some video which really captures the spirit of this dance but until I can figure out how to actually post it to the blog, photos will have to do. But trust us, it was adorable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How fun! I've looked into her school for the girls when they are older. It has classes close by. Is that Maureen there with Madelyn?? What a small world, and a fun one too!!
Post a Comment