Friday, August 28, 2009

Just beachy

We had a super time at the beach. It could have been the beach but I think it was the company! Our families got along very well. In fact since our friends have an older daughter she took Abigail under wing a bit which was nice. I actually owe her $1....an incentive I gave her for helping with Abby's potty training. What a bargain right? But seriously it has done wonders. No accidents. I can hardly get Abby to wear a pull-up...she always wants to wear her big girl pants now. I wish I had thought of it earlier in the summer.

The beach was delightful though I did realize we are not sit-on-the-beach-all-day people anymore. The kids loved the sand, mostly. They were head to to in it but when they wanted it off they wanted it OFF. Tempers were a bit high since sleep was little on the trip. It was not always pretty. They were totally petrified of the water and would not go near the ocean. This is not a huge problem (I'd rather that than daredevils) but perhaps I scared them a little too much. The waves were pretty intense when we first got there and they could have sensed my trepidation also. The one time I did take Madelyn in (to her ankles or just below her knees at most) her little heart was pounding out of her chest and I had to hold her with two hands.

Photos of our spontaneous beach trip to come......then we have our trip to OC in a few weeks for more family beach fun.

No comments: