Friday, August 28, 2009

Meet and Greet

Last night was the meet the teacher night at the elementary school. Madelyn's new pre-K teacher and classroom seems amazing! I think it is going to be a very good year. She was a little reluctant, maybe even a little nervous. We were practicing what to day to Mrs. Elliott for much of the day. Even as we walked in the classroom door, Madelyn whispered, "what am I supposed to say again?" It was so cute. She did great and sure fooled the teacher--ha, ha--because Mrs. Elliott said we have another little girl who is very shy. HA! I was thinking, oh no, this one is not shy. Just let her get warmed up. I think she will be great though. Mrs. Elliott seemed a little nervous that there are only 4 girls in the class (+ 7 boys). She said she hopes to gte some more girls to balance that out. That will be a new one for Madelyn since we almost always play woth all girls.

Madelyn is very excited to be at the "big school" and it sure did feel big last night to me too! There is a gradual entry so parents go in Wednesday, kids and parents on Thursday and she will go alone for a shortened day on Friday, then real Day 1 (on the bus and all) on Tuesday. I have some mixed feelings now---excited but also a little sad because this is the real deal. This is what kindergarten used to be. It will be really great for her though I think. She is ready for the year. I just don't know which day she should wear her first day of school dress.....with this gradual entry she needs a few first day dresses maybe. :)!

No comments: