I can't say exactly how cold it was here today because I have not seen the news nor the weather channel today but I can tell you this....it was so cold that my ungloved hands felt numb after just a few minutes. Brrrrr! We braved the cold and went to the library storytime today. We sang "Frosty the Snowman" and "Jingle Bells" and talked about the cold. Very appropriate. Both kids loved it. Madelyn was dancing around jingling the handheld bells and Abby was trying to eat them.
I have a parent-teacher conference set up for Thursday afternoon. That feels so official. Though I am 95% certain I am going to pull Madelyn out and try again next year I still feel like meeting with Ms. Kate is a good idea. Who knows maybe she will change my mind. The idea of taking her out makes me sad. I will miss all the cute art projects. I am sure I will cry when we have to take her little glitter hand prints that hang on the classroom door home but I think overall she is just a bit too young. We can re-evaluate again in the fall.
Though I will say I am a bit nervous about taking her out and losing "our spot". I mean there are LOTS of kids on the waiting list ready to jump in and take over her cubby. This morning actually one of the few other preschools that take unpotty trained two year olds, had registration and a number of moms (many of whom we know) stood outside for hours in the freezing cold waiting to get the 4 available spots. Eek!
This is not college, high school or private elementary, not even just preschool, this is for two year olds which really is a pre-preschool! What is this world coming to? Have to keep up with the Joneses....or the Nelsons!
In other new, boo-hoo, Kevin is out of town for work. He will be in LA until Sunday for a big work conference. His parents are coming for a visit though and arrive tomorrow night. So my blog might be on a brief hiatus since I am sure we will be pretty busy this week.
The best part about today: Working in a good house cleaning---Madelyn even helped with dusting! Sadly, now both kids hate the vacuum. I do love the smell of a nice clean house.
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
good luck with the parent/teacher conference tomorrow!
Post a Comment