When you are a parent you get to be a kid again. I mean when I bought Madelyn the sit-n-spin was it really because she would just love it? Umm, no way! It's the same thing with the kitchen and play food, the dress up stuff and the Easy Bake Oven! It's amazing how soothing coloring can be though Madelyn usually tires of it more quickly than I do.
Today Madelyn and I had a "big girl" day out. Abby stayed with Nana (and slept the entire time!) while Madelyn and I went to PlaywiseKids (http://www.playwisekids.com/) with my friend Kim and her daughter Lola. You should have seen the girls dressed up as paramedics in the ambulance, playing in the sand room, shopping at the grocery store, driving the fire truck. It was adorable. Unfortunately my camera was at home but trust me it was all precious (except Madelyn's one outburst to sweet, innocent Lola.) Madelyn ran around room-to-room with that "look what's in here! and here! and here!" excitement but I felt that way in the inside and had a pretty good time myself.
Another example of my reversion to childhood: we are supposed to have a birthday party for Elmo here tomorrow. We are hosting an event for the Catonsville MOMS Club and the theme is Elmo's birthday. So I am one of the only people in Maryland right now that is not wearing her pjs inside out because I don't want it to snow. Yep, Elmo is big in this house and I thought it's only fair to throw a party for a red monster who has brought us so much joy. He will be 3 again, in case you are wondering. Madelyn and Abigail of course have no idea why we made cupcakes, are busting out the party hats and will wear red tomorrow but we are going to do it.
So who is more the kid me or them? It's a tough one!
The best thing about today: (besides the playing!) Kevin surprised us and came home early
Thursday, February 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This place sounds so fun! See this is exactly the reason I want to teach preschool -- so I get to do all this fun stuff! Next time you will have to bring the camera. Can't wait to hear about Elmo's birthday party!
sorry we missed you guys! Woody was up at 2am Wed night puking..I meant to call you. Glad Madelyn had fun!
Post a Comment