I've had one of those days where I just felt like my head was going to explode. The crying was like fingernails on a chalkboard, the naps were short, the "to do" list was long, things just were not going right... I feel bad I even felt that way. It makes me feel weak. It makes me want to cry myself but no tears would come out. I am too busy. I am too tired. I am still obsessing about Madelyn's school thing so that is almost constantly on my brain these days. I need to get Valentine cards out. I need to make Valentine's treats. Kevin says I do too much, I need to simplify. Yeah right! That's not in my nature but I suppose it would serve me well to try.
It's funny because Kevin was off today and you would think I would be more relaxed. So what did I do to cure this funk? I left the house and went shopping. It was blissful. To most "normal" people my outing would look like chores. But to me it was heavenly. I went to the grocery store (to stock up for the snowstorm of course!) I went to Old Navy (to buy a Valentine present for Abby) and to Michael's (to buy popsicle sticks for a project idea I had for Madelyn). I was just out and that was great. It was enough to recharge my batteries and now I feel fabulous and ready to conquer the world...and my "to do" list.
The best thing about today: Family fun time in Abigail's room just before the girls' bedtime routines began. We all enjoyed a good laugh! Abby's new party trick: sticking her feet in her mouth.
Monday, February 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love just getting out...it's so good for your body and soul! Hope to see you this week!!
So glad you are feeling recharged! You are a super mom! Hope you have a great Valentine's Day. (And stop worrying about Madelyn and the school thing, it will all work out) XOXO
Post a Comment