Monday, February 5, 2007

We had a playdate, call FTD!

So we had an afternoon playdate today and I am wondering if I need to send flowers to our guests because seriously Madelyn was so mean! One of our neighbors came over with her son Andrew, 2 1/2 and daughter, Molly, 1 1/2. She has played with them many times before and there has not been an incident such as this. Molly is quite small for her age and just the cutest little girl. Well Madelyn would not leave her alone! Was it because she thought she could handle her? She got along fine with Andrew. But she pushed Molly, hit Molly, grabbed Molly's face....I mean really! What is wrong with her?? Is she getting bullied at school so then tries to take it out on the next weakest link? I am beginning to understand the meaning of terrible twos. I am really wondering what is happening at her school and thinking maybe I should pull her out. Ironically though, she received a better report from school today that there was less aggression but this afternoon's behavior was completely unacceptable. And if I give her a time out she smiles a sinister smile and says, "time out--yay!" and then says repeatedly, "sorry, sorry, sorry" louder and louder until I acknowledge. I really do not know what to do. I am so embarrassed to take her around other kids for fear she will attack. Pray for us all!

In other news, I may never leave the house again for shopping. The Internet makes it so easy to shop. I just bought over $100 of diapers and wipes on amazon.com (who knew they sold diapers and wipes?) and groceries on Peapod.....and all will be delivered right to my door. I am so excited about this (sad but true!) But I also saved a bundle, esp. on the diapers and wipes (free shipping and $25 off!!) But that is awesome. It's hard enough trekking out with the kids but then to bundle them up too. Plus Abigail has outgrown the infant carrier now so that adds an extra element. I will have to take a photo of the two of them in the stroller on the way to school. Poor Abby, you could only a tiny little nose peeking out of her snowsuit. If she were not so eager to get out (ie screaming!) I would have taken the few extra mins. to get the camera. Next time for sure as it think it supposed to be very cold all week.

The best part about today: Getting Abigail ready for bed---she is just so sweet these days even though she has another cold. She was cooing at me and grabbing my hair and nose as she was "talking" me. Maybe thanking me for taking care of her today? I thank God for both of my little girls! I just hope and pray they BOTH grow up to be nice to everyone they encounter.

No comments: