Friday, February 16, 2007

Princesses

Madelyn went to her Valentine's party at her almost ex-school today. But before she did Ella, one of her friends from the neighborhood and school, came over. And this is what they did:



All I have to say is thank you God for giving me little girls! As I watched them I envisioned a couple years down the road when Madelyn and Abby will (hopefully) be playing like this together.

Don't me wrong I encourage play with typical "boy" toys also---cars, trains, etc. In fact, Madelyn got some Thomas trains for Valentine's Day because she loves to play trains these days. The dining room chairs become a train daily. Not only is she the conductor but she is the director and hostess because she tells all of us where we ought to sit. Reserved seating on her train I guess. But I do love some good dress up fun and of course I can't wait to try them in dance classes!

Abby had banana today. She really seemed to like them. She is doing great eating off the spoon now. It's really too cute but very messy of course!

The best part about today: The afternoon at the hair salon. I got a new 'do and some time out. We had a rousing discussion about Grey's. Everyone in the place just about was in on it. I felt like I was in one of the salon scenes in Steel Magnolias or something!

2 comments:

D2 said...

I so hope we have girls too. Love the princess outfits! Send some pictures of the new 'do. Love you!

Kara said...

oh my! Love this pic!