Friday, February 23, 2007

The "Non-Napper" strikes again!

I promise to try really hard not to say "you should be more like your sister" but when it comes to napping, Abigail could really learn a thing or two from Madelyn!

But it is nap time in this house and here she is:


Hello, not napping! Not even looking the slightest bit tired actually. What the heck?!??! There was no real nap this morning for this little girl either. Abby, do you know what Dr. Weissbluth, the Sleep Lady, the Baby Whisperer and every other expert has to say, YOU NEED TO SLEEP!

I know Abby is new around here and all but afternoons in this house are for napping. From the hours of 1-3pm or thereabouts it's lights out, sshhhhhh, rock-a-bye baby, lullaby and goodnight.....!

But for some reason Abigail feels she is exempt because 10 minutes later, here she is:

Nope, still not tired.


I thought I was so good with Madelyn because I had her a great nap schedule. Some even accused me of "Babywise-ing" my kid. (Which may not be a bad thing but to the accusers it definitely is!) But all the tricks like white noise, paci, routines, etc. I had with Madelyn are not working on Abigail.

I think (like her mother!) she is afraid she is missing something. She is always craning her neck looking for Madelyn to race around the corner. But I can assure you, sweet Abby, in the afternoons YOU ARE NOT MISSING A THING. Madelyn is asleep right now....

.........unless your crying and/or carrying on wakes her up. AND YOU BETTER NOT! Oh-no, Madelyn is stirring. Shhh, Shhh, everyone! Mommy is trying to blog.

Another 15 mins. or so...maybe this is it. The classic hands, over the face and roll over:

Yes, I think Mommy has won again.

.....footsteps from Madelyn's room and the "Momeeeeeeee" call. Abby's nap has finally begun and Madelyn's is over. You have to be kidding me! Oh, scratch that, Abby is not asleep. I guess nap time is over for everyone. Including Mommy.

At least I got in an extra workout running up and down the stairs several times.

The best part about today: Well it's only 2:30pm so I am hoping the best part is still to come!

1 comment:

Kara said...

awww..poor mommy! Hope Abby took a nap after all for you!