If these girls could have slept outside tonight I think they would have! We pretty much spent the whole day outside today. It was a pretty amazing day. We started with a nearly 2-hour walk around the neighborhood. We ran into friends along the way but kept the wheels rolling. Hopefully this will be a new trend.
Madelyn is really interested in her "bug collecting" back pack. I bought this because I do not want to pass on my fear of bugs and creepy-crawly things to my children. I thought it'd be fun. Madelyn is all into it, let me tell you. She carried the magnifying glass and bug net on our walk even, just in case something flew by I suppose. Lucky for me we did see anything really icky or startling, just a few ants going about their work. I could not get that Ant Bully movie out of my mind. But it was cute to see Madelyn so into studying the ants. Thankfully she does not know yet how to burn them with her magnifying glass. (Can that really happen?)
All tuckered out from the flurry of morning events they both took naps. They were fairly short but what the heck. It was too pretty of a day to sleep.
-----Breaking Abigail news-----When I went in to get her up from her nap she had pushed herself up to sitting! I was so surprised. I think she was also.
After naps we went outside some more. We started a little nature scavenger hunt that lead us to gather a pinecone, a dandelion, a clover and other fun things. Then we moved to the backyard where Abby fully enjoyed the swing and Madelyn played happily by herself in the sandbox. She was "building a snowman" apparently. Creativity at its best. That was the upside. The downside was when all was said and done, she got ended up with about 1 lb. of sand in her diaper. Ick. Plus another 1/4 lb. in each shoe. We cleaned her off but, like at the beach, even after a bath, it might be a while until all the sand is gone.
I really struggled to get them inside the house. Of course all the windows are open so anyone in a 5-mile radius I am sure heard their wails of woe. But we left the bikes, bubbles, sidewalk chalk for tomorrow because it is supposed to be another nice day.
The best part about today: Right now! I am exhausted and happy to have everyone tucked into bed. We just ordered a pizza and will relax, just the two of us.
Monday, April 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hooray for Spring! We spent the entire day outside too. Hope you had a great evening just you and Kevin. :)
Yeah for good weather!!!! I love this nice weather!
Post a Comment