Sunday, April 15, 2007

Weekend wrap up

What a weekend. I am just exhausted thinking about it. It was "weekend plus" since Kevin was off on Friday. Yippee, those are the best.

Friday we made models out of the girls. My friend Melanie came to take photos. She is awesome and very talented as you can see: http://www.melaniereyesphotography.com/. We were supposed to be capturing Abigail's 6-month "birthday" but she suffers from second child syndrome and is now almost 8-months-old getting her 6-month photos. I really need to post a side-by-side comparison of the two because it is unbelievable how similar they are. WOW, mixing genes is amazing. I've seen a sneak preview of the proofs and I know I am going to have a hard time deciding.

Friday night we had company.......Jenn and Tom. (Sing it with me, to the tune of the Macarena) Hey, margaritas!

Saturday, OMG, I slept in. It was unbelievable. I woke up early, fed Abby and then went to bed for another couple hours. Thank you, Kevin! I was having these crazy semi-awake dreams because I could hear Madelyn but I was still in bed until after 8 a.m. I cannot remember the last time that happened...at least 7 months ago. I felt like a million bucks when I did finally get up to greet the day.

I realized I much prefer the mall on weekdays---even if it is "Mom Convention Days"---that place was crazy busy. But we had a nice time. My mom met up there and she and Kevin took the girls on the carousel. Abigail loved it. It was so cute to see her face as they went up and down and up and down. Of course watching Madelyn on the horse next to hear was joyous as well.



Saturday night we hung out with our neighbor Amy...ate pizza, drank wine (I had half a bottle---but ha, ha, it was non-alcoholic wine!)

Today was one of those ultra-busy days as soon as we woke up until now but it was 100% pure fun. We were actually one time for church today! It has been a while since we have been there on time...though last week we did manage to sneak in just before the procession. An Easter miracle!

After church was a little hairy. I'd rather not focus on that because that was the low point of the day. I had 30 minutes to get some things set for Abby, change my clothes, and get the birthday party for Madelyn's friend (at least 20 mins. of travel.) It wasn't pretty. I did not do my deep breathing I have vowed to start doing.

But in the end Madelyn and I made it to the party, a few minutes late. She had such a blast! It was a gymnastics party. It's funny because the teacher was like, "she follows directions so well and just does whatever she is told". She said this over and over. Sure enough the teacher said to stand in a line and Madelyn raced in the queue. The teacher said put your hands on your head and follow me, she did it. The teacher said wait here and Madelyn did not move an inch until she was asked to, even if the other kids were all over the place. I am thinking, "yeah, I don't know who this kid is but I will take her home with me." HA! Maybe we should sign up for gymnastics classes? Too bad I did not get photos (note above pre-party craziness as the reason for the lack of camera), it was pretty darn cute. She was of course pretty tuckered out and had a great nap.

Alice and Bridget came by again this afternoon before Alice's flight home. It was so great to have some more visiting time with them!

Then to close out a busy weekend, we met my parents fro Sunday Night Dinner. The kids were good. Madelyn gave the pickles (I think she ate 3 of them!) two thumbs up. She enjoyed visiting with Nana and Pop--it's funny how she actually can have conversations now. Abigail was great also. She had her food and listened closely to all the conversations.

So there it was a weekend of weekends. Now on to a busy week ahead. Hopefully I will get a good night's sleep so I am ready to conquer another fun-filled week in the life.

The best part about today: Sampling Kevin's chocolate chip cookies. A+, Kev!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Oh my goodness! You were busy this weekend! Hope you got some rest last night.

Let's plan a MNO soon. Miss you!