I'm in declutter mode again. Over the weekend I organized all the boxes of clothes for the girls. I forgot about some of the beautiful outfits we had for Madelyn. I am so happy to see them again on Abigail. But the organization does not end there.
We organized our own clothes also and today I donated 3 huge bags of clothes. Aaahh, that feels so good. Now I am thinking of what else I can get rid of to make things seem more streamlined. There are some major items on the chopping block...namely our kitchen (not actually in the kitchen!) table. We are considering getting rid of it. I love the table but it has never fit in this house. We have been eating all meals at the dining room table as a trial to make sure that works for us. So I have a few classified ads out there. We will see where that goes.
You know why we need to get rid of so many things? Because these children come with so much. Well I guess they technically come with nothing but it seems like children is synonymous with stuff.
But I guess also at my core I feel this need to simplify. Simple is good since many days everything seems so complex.
The girls were good sports today keeping up with my errands today. I made (and delivered) meals for two friends who recently had babies plus our own dinner. We dropped off the clothes donations and picked up vitamins for Madelyn, batteries for the new Elmo, etc. Yuck! We had to go to Wal-Mart. Well not hand to but since the donation place is in the Wal-Mart parking lot it made the most sense to get the few things we needed right there. Madelyn would have eaten her lunch as soon as we got home but stopping to make sure she washed her hands messed her up. (Hand washing is a must after a trip to Wal-Mart, even though they were in the double stroller the whole time and did not touch anything.) Why is it that every Wal-Mart, no matter how nice of an area it is in, is just so...ugh. Anyway! I think Madelyn is not feeling so great because just the little things (like washing her hands which she typically loves to do!) got her all upset. Hopefully tomorrow will be better for her. If all goes well we might go to the zoo for a little while in the morning with some friends.
Tomorrow is supposed to be gorgeous again so we better get out and try to enjoy. Later in the week it is supposed to be in the 40s! Major wardrobe challenge. Good thing Abby has a whole "new" closet of clothes to choose from, she will need the options.
The best part about today: Our morning walk with two neighborhood friends. The kids chatted from the strollers and the mommies chatted behind them. We got in our gabbing and a little exercise, all before 10am!
Monday, April 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment