Like many other days I had today all perfectly planned. Joke was on me! Like many other days I had to reshuffle and deal again.
A couple weeks ago I watched a neighbor's two sons (ages 5 and 3) for an hour or two. It was great actually because they entertained Madelyn and everyone played well together. Well today she had offered to watch the girls while I ran a few errands to get ready for Glamma and Grandpa's visit this weekend. (The grocery store is 100x easier to navigate without the children.) Wow! What a treat it would be to have a few hours entirely to myself.
We started off the day according to the plan. I was up early after not sleeping very well with Kevin out of town but that was okay. Everyone was up, dressed and fed. A little behind schedule but whatever. Abigail was looking really sleepy. Since she rarely takes long naps, I figured she'd sleep for an hour and we could move on with the day.
An hour and five minutes later (Go Abby!) I go into her room and put stuff away and don't even bother to be quiet. But she doesn't stir one bit. She is out. It's good because napping is always welcomed but c'mon....I had a plan. I have things to do!
I call my neighbor who graciously comes down to pick Madelyn up for the solo playdate. Madelyn barely turns to wave goodbye. She is out the door and skipping (a 2-year-old kind of skip) down the street with her friends. Buh-bye!
Now what? I have my list but it requires leaving the house. She'll probably wake up any minutes.....
A little over an hour later I go into her room again. She looks up at me, all groggy, as if to say, "Close the door, I am still tired..." but at this point I needed to pick up Madelyn. Oh well. So I didn't leave the house today. I still did the grocery shopping. Peapod will just deliver the groceries tomorrow morning. I absolutely love that! Plus I got all the little things done around here that I never seem to get to until the later hours of the night. So maybe I will actually get to bed early-ish tonight. Though all the good TV on tonight is very tempting.
And Madelyn had a blast! That girl is so funny. She was whooping it up with the big kids like she was one of them....maybe she really is.
As I mentioned Glamma and Grandpa will be here this weekend. We are looking forward to seeing them. Madelyn runs to the door at the mere mention that they are coming. I'm sure we'll be so busy that the blog will be on hold for a few days. So happy weekend!
The best part about today: Kevin is home again and has tomorrow off for his "bonus Friday". Yay!
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment