Tuesday, April 24, 2007

It's the little things

I have had a day! It was the kind of day when things just don't quite go right. Little things. Thankfully I had a night out with friends planned that helped me keep my eyes on the prize and not totally lose it.

Abby has developed a scream. It's terrible. She is normally a really happy baby. But she was so off today that I have heard that scream more than once today. It's kind of part of her mad cry. The kind of cry that she just wants to be held but sadly I cannot always do so.

Like today when she knocked over Madelyn's eggs. I had to set her down to make Madelyn more eggs (Madelyn was also crying but with good reason--her breakfast was on the floor.)

Then later I tried to get Abigail to take a nap. Yeah, right. She was having none of that. Loud scream cry emerges and I pick her up quickly so she does not wake Madelyn. It only partially worked. Madelyn did wake up again crying for good reason--she was roused by a piercing scream--but she did fall back to sleep. Madelyn loves her sleep that much. So this is how Abigail spent nap time:

After Madelyn's nap we had an appointment at the salon and Abigail was so displeased to be left out and didn't mind letting us all know how she felt. Well grow some hair little girl and we will happily include you. The scream is even more embarrassing when it is in public much less in a low key local hair salon.

Speaking of the haircuts, Madelyn and I both just got a little trim. She looked so darn cute in that chair. She went for her first haircut at Cartoon Cuts where they show Dora videos. So every time you say "haircut" she thinks (and says) "Dora!" So when I told her today we were going to the salon where Mommy goes she replied, "Ooooh." Pretty cute. The whole time my current favorite stylist was trimming my hair Madelyn kept saying, "Madelyn's turn." When it was finally her turn, she was even more cute sitting in the pumped up chair. She was just a little head with a huge cape around her. Of course I did not have the camera because there were all these little things on the way to get to the appt. (think a trail of Goldfish crackers--we walked from our house to the salon.) But next time I will surely have to bring the camera.

But all in all the day ended well. They are just so cute how they interact these days. Abigail is always trying to grab whatever Madelyn has (and stick it in her mouth). Often I catch them holding hands, like today at story time, which melts my heart. This was especially classic, their first ride on the bike together:
The best part about the day: A delicious dinner al fresco with my friends/neighbors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your girls are to cute!
Abby is getting so big!