Sunday, April 1, 2007

What a bust!

What a weekend we have had. Trying to "paci break" was a huge mistake! Poor Madelyn was inconsolable this weekend. Thursday night she was up until around 10pm and woke up off and on throughout the night....and occasionally woke Abigail too. No nap Friday afternoon. (Very uncharacteristic. This girl usually loves her sleep. ) Then Friday night she was up until midnight--crying and completely a mess. Kevin, in the running for sainthood, put up with it for several hours while I was out playing Bunco. When I arrived home and him holding her I knew we had a situation.

We gave in.

Maybe we failed our first true parent test. But if you have a heart and you saw her on Friday you would have done the same thing. She was miserable and so were we. It was not getting any better. We were not breaking through any barriers. I don't care. We will start saving now for the braces. The second we gave it back to her, she crawled into bed like a sad little puppy and fell asleep in seconds. Poor little girl. Her cheeks are still red from all the crying. (Though now she seems to either have a cold or be getting molars.)

I mean whatever. I sucked my thumb way longer than I should have and I turned out okay. This weekend was horrible and I hope the "trauma" of it is over.

We are all so tired. Hopefully we can all sleep well tonight and get ready for the new week ahead.


The best part about today: We took a family walk this afternoon around the neighborhood.

2 comments:

D2 said...

The last thing you are is bad parents. In fact, I share so many of the great things you do with TJ all the time. You are my inspiration and I hope some day I can be as great a mom as you are to those two girls!

Anonymous said...

You are a super mommy!!! Connor still has his to! We have tried so hard to take it away and we always give in!! So he still has his for naps and bedtime! Good luck with it and your again a super duper mamma!!!