Oh these kids and their bedtime! I have to say I am really catching up on my reading since it seems the quickest way to get them to go to sleep (which is by no means quick!) is to camp outside in the hallway until they drift off. If I just had a laptop I could put our fancy, and totally unused, wireless internet to use. But instead I spend the time reading the many magazines that pile up each month (that carry plenty of parenting tips no less). Now if I could just find some reading material that would tell me how to get my kids to go to sleep without staring them down. I have offered rewards and started sticker charts but the standing outside the door, reminding them to lay down seems to be the best so far. Oh man what a time waster. Maybe this is a lesson for me to sloooow down a bit. But this is supposed to be my time/our time. It all seems so unfair. Oh yeah, I am way behind in all my TiVo'd TV too but I suppose that is the least of it.
But really I have a grateful heart tonight. We received some sad news about the mom of a little boy in Madelyn's preschool class. This poor little 3-year-old will no longer have his mother to come home to each day. We do not know this family but our hearts are broken for them. So despite my "bumps" in the motherhood road I am just glad to be a tired but healthy, happy, mama.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is going to seem silly but...here's what I did and it worked. Woody would ask me to stay with him, I would say no but I'll lay on the floor for one minute. So I would lay on the floor of his room for one minute and eventually 30 seconds and then 20 seconds and then not at all. He's finally at the point where I'll tell him he's a big boy and needs to close his eyes and go to sleep. W wanted to talk, sing, laugh while C tried to sleep. It was painful to go in and out of their room.
But....my kids don't nap so they really are tired by the time 7pm comes.
Good luck..sleeping issues are the worst.
Post a Comment