Before I was a mom, I dreamed about a day like today. What made it so dreamy? We made a little trip to the zoo with some friends. It was really no big deal but seriously I imagined I'd do stuff like that all the time when I had kids. We are close to the zoo and have a membership so it makes it an easy, casual thing to do on a gorgeous day like we had today. The animals were so fun to watch today also.
But I realized you can learn a lot about your kids, and maybe even get some parenting tips, from watching the animals.
The chimpanzees (ages 2 and 3 1/2 ironically) were so funny. Watching them I was reminded of what my kids looks like at home. It was good actually because I realized kids will be kids, no matter what kind of monkey they are. The little chimps were having so much fun and the kids were getting such a kick out of seeing them swing, wrestle and throw dirt at each other.
We of course stopped to see the baby elephant, Samson. The "little" elephant was earning bananas during his training. Oh if only a lure of bananas would tame my wild animals. It was so hard to believe the "baby" was almost 700 pounds! I mean I know he is an elephant and all but elephants sure hide their weight well. We were really close to them also, it's not like they looked smaller because they were so far away.
It was so nice to be there on a relatively uncrowded day so we could really let the kids go and enjoy for as long as they wanted. It was a great day at the zoo. In fact we were all so tuckered out that it was a very good nap day too. I think we'll be going back again soon.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun day. I love the zoo it always makes for a pretty fun day for the kids too.
How fun! Wished I lived closer to a Zoo. Where are the pics???
Post a Comment