I am back. My trip to Dallas for the MOPS convention was nothing short of amazing. I think I am still decompressing and processing all that I saw and heard. I am not sure I am ready to even write about it yet. But in short it was WONDERFUL (though that cannot do it justice, even in all caps.) My experience probably could be its own blog, and I may do that, because I believe there are good things to come from this. The weekend was that magnificent. I believe I have changed for the better. For several days I soaked up wisdom, inspiration, spirituality, generosity. I am so grateful for being able to go. The big thing with MOPS is "better moms make a better world"...not only do I feel like I can be and am a better mom but I also believe that in that it will help make a better world. See I am just still all over the place with this.....
But it was also so good to be HOME! I was really getting homesick toward the end even though we did stay so busy with workshops and such (hanging by the pool with my friends and the 1 hour massage Kevin had set up for me at the spa helped distract also.) We had such a wonderful day together today. I guess distance makes the heart grow fonder. Of course Madelyn had school in the morning (we were so close to being late....she was literally the last student to arrive---whoops!) Abigail and I just came back and hung out here, which was nice. That time really does fly by.
I am tired though. Not only was I so jazzed up when I was there so I woke up very early (what a waste since I was child-free) each day but I arrived home very, very late (or shall I say early)? 1 a.m.! OMG. I spent all of yesterday with my family that lives in Dallas. We had a blast and the sleep deprivation today was worth it.
It was all so very worth it.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment