Thursday, October 9, 2008

New carts

Have you seen the new carts at the grocery store? In attempt to make shopping easier for parents (it'll never happen but thanks for trying!) the grocery store people have come out with a brand spanking new cart. We have seen these new blue carts in recent weeks and I always told the kids they were broken. (Mean Mommy!) But today I was in no mood to lie or fight back so I shouted, "sure, hop in kids!"

Good news to report: unlike the other car carts the doors on these puppies actually lock. Yeah, baby. Now you are hearing us. In fact the one door locked so well Madelyn had to pull a Dukes of Hazzard to get in. (Not good since she then knew, as did little sis, that there was a fast escape. Darn.)

So the crazy thing about these carts is the kids can watch TV (select progamming such as Dora, Barney, etc.) as they "drive" around the store. Really cool. Bad news for us though: our cart was not fully charged so there was no TV to be watched. When they realized this they immediately wanted out. It made for a very unpleasant trip. We only needed a couple things. (I have not done a big weekly shop with the kids in YEARS. Maybe never. Well maybe just once. That was enough to know better.) So it was a brief, but very noisy trip that ended with both of them lunging out the front window for the M&Ms that were just perfectly out their front windshield.

I will maintain hope the best in grocery shopping carts is yet to come.

3 comments:

Kara said...

I haven't seen those yet! Where are they?

Jessica said...

We saw the carts at Safeway. Not sure if they are at other stores. Maybe next time we will have one that is charged to get the full effect. Keep a look out for them.

Me said...

They have those at Walmart here. I have always told my kids that those (and ANY car cart) are for kids whose birthday it is. Its worked like a charm.

Also, funny about the video carts - whenever I see them in use at walmart, the kids are out of it, often crying, and the mother is at her wits end.

BTW, I'm updating my blog again!