I don't think I will know really what to do tomorrow morning when I board a plane by myself. It has been a while that I have gone anywhere with the children but ages and ages since I have gone anywhere completely by myself. But tomorrow I will go to Dallas for the MOPS Convention. I am excited and nervous. Though I know I will really miss the children when I am gone, they have brought me right to the edge today. The worst really in a long, long time. It no doubt has to do with lack of sleep. Abigail did not fall asleep until 10:44 p.m. last night, was up before 7 a.m. and then did not nap. Madelyn got a bit more sleep than that but not much. So I know what I will be doing on the airplane ride...sleeping! The days ahead at the convention should be busy but hopefully give me time to renew my spirit. I am sure with 4,000 fellow MOPS moms (can you believe that?) we will find something to do. I'm also excited because at the end of the weekend I am going to spend the day with my cousins who live in Dallas. There have been two additions to the family that I am extra excited to meet. Send good thoughts and prayers for Kevin and my parents as they fill the shoes/wear the hats that I usually wear--shuttling the kids around and all. Maybe there will even be a Daddy Guest Blog in my absence.....
I'm off!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have a great trip! I wonder whether there are any moms who are skipping the MOPS convention to do the 3-Day? Or vice versa? I will surely be wishing you a wonderful weekend as my feet hit the pavement this weekend!
Post a Comment