Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy wintery mix day!

Well another snow day here in Maryland. Rather it's been a "wintery mix" of snow, ice, sleet, etc. As in grand Maryland tradition everything is closing up and with ice it's probably warranted. I was glad Kevin came home early.

This wintery mix did hinder our plans today for our Valentine's party we planned to host for the MOMS Club. This was the make up "party" that was supposed to be for Elmo's birthday but it also snowed that day! Oh well. We had a few guests---two moms and their kids. More cookies and juice boxes for us! After the sugarfest Madelyn did not eat much lunch. Hopefully the sugar can sustain her for one day. Until tomorrow of course when (if it is not a snow day) she will go to the Valentine's party at school. I am told Valentine's Day is a candy holiday. I wonder if 2 year olds receive candy with their valentines also? geez! I was going to make crayon "muffins" (familycrafts.about.com/cs/craftsupplies/ht/RecycledCrayon.htm for the kids but nothing edible. Maybe I better make the candy pops I saw in Parents magazine. Will Madelyn be shunned if she brings homemade treats???

In Abigail news, here she is, sitting pretty!


She is quite proud of herself too. Unfortunately Madelyn thinks it is so hysterical to knock her down. It's like "Abigail bowling"--poor baby! She is going to be one tough girl with all the "abuse" she gets from her sister. No matter what Madelyn does you can tell she already looks up to her big sister. She will crank her neck in any angle to see what Madelyn is up to. It really is very sweet. She was a good girl though today. She slept through the Valentine's party but we had some nice playtime this afternoon while Madelyn napped. That was the only way I could get the photo above with out Madelyn "bowling."

The best part about today: Eating a yummy sugar cookie (or two!) and fully enjoying it!

1 comment:

Kara said...

awww look at ms abigail! What a cutie pie! Love this shot!!