Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A quandry

Well now I am not sure what to do. Kevin is in Chicago tonight and while I was feeling really relaxed and calm with the new alarm system I just had a scare that makes me doubt. Everything is in good shape around here as far as things being cleaned up, etc. The girls had been in bed for over an hour. The dishwasher is running, the dryer is going and I am in the office on the phone when I hear these footsteps running toward the office. My heart literally skipped a beat. My surprise caught her off too because when Madelyn ran through the doorway of the office I yelped. (Much to my phone callers dismay also I suppose.)

She said, "I was calling you Mommy!" She is not really annoyed, just stating a fact. I guess with the dishwasher and dryer I could not hear her. Ok. I am still trying to get my heart beating again. I hang tell Jen I will call her right back and I go upstairs to see what this pressing matter is, over an hour after I have put her to bed.

I figure she has figured out how to bust down the new gate which is up for this very purpose---so she does not scare us half to death or wander around/fall down the steps/who knows what in the middle of the night. But, no, she has somehow scaled said gate. Great. So the question is do I put the alarm on with the motion detector to make myself feel better or will I now wonder if she is going to get out and set off the alarm? We have already had 3 false alarms, one when the place actually came!, so I do not want to have a false alarm in the middle of the night. My guess is she would not wander in the middle of the night, she would come to our room. Let's hope!

Why do I always freak myself out when Kevin is away? It's really a curse. I am going to bed. Maybe I will sleep.

No comments: