We had a busy one running here and there but all in all I think we did quite a bit this weekend. I actually feel like I saw very little of the little ones so I do not have as many funny stories. Maybe Kevin and my parents should have been guest writers.
Where was I you wonder? Well I am trying out a new part-time (very part-time...like one day a week!) job at Dream Dinners
and Saturday was my first day. It was kind of hard to be working while I knew everyone else was having fun. Madelyn went with my parents to the train museum and Kevin and Abigail went to the gym. But a little extra "walking around" money is always good so we will see how it goes.
Saturday afternoon, after no naps for the kiddos, we packed up at went to the super-cool indoor pool at the gym. That was fun! There is nothing like swimming in February. Madelyn had a blast splashing around. Hopefully we can get her some swimming lessons this Spring so she can feel more confident in the water....then maybe she'll be ready to paddle around Nana and Pop's pool this summer.
The upside of the lean nap is early bedtimes!
After church and Madelyn's Sunday school, during their naptime (one slept, one did not!) I went to the gym. I seriously need to get working! I went swimming today and wow, what a difference wearing goggles makes. I was a bit tired at first but once I got in my breathing pattern, I was feeling great. I even managed to do some kickturns. Ah, the good old days of swim team are coming back. The "tiny tri" on April 13th is only 10 minutes of swimming...it'll just be putting it all together. But there is time.
Since I was at the gym without the kids (and therefore any fear of getting paged) I was free to be a bit more leisurely. So after my swim I went into the steam room. Whoa! At first I felt like I was suffocating. Maybe that is normal? But like anything, once I relaxed a bit it was kind of soothing.....but still a little suffocating. All I could think of was the Seinfeld episode with the steam room...or maybe it was Friends. Anyway! It was a new experience.
For the Superbowl (or really pre-Superbowl really) we had a mexican fiesta at my parents house. Yum, yum. I might have been more excited if the Packers were in it but for me usually the Superbowl is all about the snacks (I am trying to be good) and the commercials (I have not heard much about them this year) so here I am on the computer instead.
Either way I am psyched for another big week.....Fat Tuesday (party, party!) and then the start of Lent (what to give up this year?).
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment