Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Weekend wrap up

Well now it seems so funny that just a few days ago it was so nice that we had a picnic at the playground with Nana and Pop. Today it is cold and icy and just a plain old winter day in Maryland.

Honestly, this was us on Saturday!






We had a really fun weekend despite Daddy being busy with a work conference. Our weekend included a pizza party and sleepover at Nana and Pop's. It was especially funny when Madelyn had herself and Nana and Pop in the firetruck tent...apparently they were going to Jason and Kelly's house. Was there a fire there or was that just the most efficient way to get them all there?

On Saturday Kevin had another day of the conference so the girls and I got up early and went out to the gym (did I mention I loooove that place?). I think that was the day that I tried to take a step class. I was floundering anyway so when they called me out--by name--45 minutes into it (embarassing!) I was secretly relieved. Of course then I was quite annoyed to find out it was completely a false alarm. We all know how hard it is to go back to the workout....oh the tears, the drama. I am talking about Abigail by the way. Madelyn, when she seems me, begs me to go back and leave her to her fun.

We were back early enough so I thought, oh early naps and then we will do something fun in the afternoon. Good in theory. The naps were short, but longer than I expected so there were less options. We met up with Nana and Pop and set out to find some fun. It was too late to go downtown to the Baby Loves Disco party (hopefully next month we will make it!) or to the children's museum. Bowling maybe? Nope, they were booked. (My Mom called one to find out there were birthday parties all afternoon and one bowling alley.....when Madelyn heard this she, said " oooohhh!" like she was invited.) How about Chuck E. Cheese (we have never been)...fun, games and maybe a little pizza? There a huge line out the door and it just didn't seem like our scene. There is always old reliable Chick-Fil-a that has a play area. That place has never been so loud. We were all screaming out for relief. So on to Plan E at this point...why not hit the playground? It was a nice day and relatively warm. We should have started there because it was truly a blast. It was a little taste of Spring and we cherished it.

Another bonus: we still got our weekend because Kevin was off Sunday and Monday. It just does not get any better than that.

No comments: