Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekends are for....

...catching up on sleep, hanging out with family, relaxing, going out, working out, spending time on hobbies, just taking it easy. Well if all that is true then we had a perfect weekend.

We felt the ND spirit this morning when we attended the Notre Dame Communion Breakfast for the Maryland Chapter of the ND Club. Hats off to the Omelet Man. I did not go to ND but I sure feel the enthusiasm that exudes from its alumni. We have ND cheerleader outfits in all the sizes the girls have reached so far. Well it is no wonder whether alumni including Daddy, Grandpa Ben, Uncle Jason, Aunt Kelly. And just in case you are wondering (if I had a penny for the times I have heard this we sure would have enough money!) but, yes, perhaps the girls will some day be Notre Dame students. If they are I will have all these photos of them in Notre Dame wear since Day 1 for them to attach to their application. We are already saving for whatever their heart's desire is though it is hard to imagine what college tuition will be in 2023.

But here it is Sunday night already. Ever since the days when Sunday nights meant homework nights I have never liked Sunday nights. But we have had this tradition of having Sunday night dinner with my family and that is something I always look forward to. It's just nice to regroup and visit before the start of a new week. So I try to focus on that.

I am not really watching the Oscars though I did watch a bit of the red carpet with Madelyn before she went to bed. It was amusing to hear her opinions about the dresses. Actually since we don't get out much I have not even heard of some of the movies much less seen them. Except for Ratatouille and Enchanted...so what does that tell you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ugh I stayed up until 11:30 pm watching the oscars with my hubbie. we have a family pool for the oscars each year. hubbie and I tied for first place, wooot!