Sunday, June 1, 2008

Back to the grind

It was good planning to have the weekend to catch up. But boy it went fast. The kids have certainly been out of sorts. I think they liked West Coast time because they stayed up until after 11 p.m. on Friday and after 10 p.m. last night and slept in late in the morning. We skipped naps today and put them to bed at regularish time so hopefully they will reset their clocks a bit. We have to get back onto our routines this week. Actually our "summer schedule" is pretty loose and that is good. The only activity we have (besides ballet which is finishing up in the next few weeks) is Madelyn's camp which starts this Wednesday. So that should be fun for everyone. I don't know what Abby and I will do with our two and a half hours alone but I am sure we will find something.

It was just nice catching up with everything and everyone (esp. my parents and also Jason and Kelly who had been in the complete opposite end of the country from us this past week.) But another highlight for me personally was my friend Jen's bachelorette party last night. I was not sure how fun I would be what with just getting back but I surely was not going to miss this girls' night out. We saw the Sex and the City movie (which I liked but felt a little uncomfortable about taking a bride-to-be to! Yikes, ladies!!!) then went out for tapas and sangria (YUMMY!) and then on to some good old fashioned bar hopping. I am so rusty but the thrill came back to me quickly. My license got quite a workout and let me tell you it has not had much action in the last oh, 3+ years! Those poor bouncers...I am sure they took one look at me and knew they did not have to look at my ID but they probably have to look at everyone's. It was fun though since it has been quite some time since I had been carded. I think Jen had a great time though and that was all the matters. I am looking forward to her big day in just less than 2 weeks!

But here it is almost midnight and I should also be trying to get back on Eastern time. I'll pay for it tomorrow I am sure. It's just so hard when it is so quiet in the house not to stay busy with all things computer.

It was a great trip but it is also so great to be home again.

No comments: