It was a hot one here today! Upper 90s though I guess the heat index was in the 100s. We took full advantage of the summer-like weather. This morning we went for a swim at the club after our workout. It was so crowded. A little too much actually but it felt good to take a dip and we ran into some "club" friends. It;s so funny how the girls get to know other kids in the child watch area. But the water felt great on a day like today. I even got a little sunburn in the 20 or so minutes we were in the pool. Yikes! Of course I have a line from my swim suit straps that if it stays will look oh-so unpretty in the lowish back bridesmaid dress next weekend. I called to get info. on spray tan so I will likely be doing that next week. That will be an adventure I am sure.
Then after naps in the nice cool a/c our friends came over to play in the sprinkler. It's so funny because last night Madelyn apparently was waiting for her friends to come over to play in the sprinkler. I guess she remembers a sprinkler playdate we had last year. She made it sound like she had made plans an no one showed up. So today we tried to make her sprinkler vision come true.
The little girls were kind of timid. It makes sense because the water was right at their eye level. So they opted for the swing set. The older girls had a blast in the sprinkler. I did not even mind when they directed it at me.
Action shot of the sprinkler fun

Abby and her BFF

Our little curly Q...the humid weather is SO good to her!

We had dinner together and then got all the girls in their pjs. They look ready for a sleepover don't they?

No comments:
Post a Comment