THE WEDDING: Jen and Tom are married and right now probably on their way to Hawaii. I am so jealous. The rehearsal and wedding was wonderful. I think there was only one hitch and that was with the flowers. The bouquets were beautiful but one of the purple flowers in Jen's bouquet rubbed against her dress and left a few, small purple marks. OMG. Right before the wedding. Without sounding like a commercial, the Tide-to-go stick totally saved the day. We all held our breathe as two of the bridesmaids took the stick to the gorgeous dress but it worked like a charm. I really think that was the only thing to go "wrong" so that was a darn perfect wedding day. There was lots of dancing which is so very Jen and Tom. It was truly a great time!
Also, I have to note, I had a great hair day. I know the day was not at all about me but this is my blog so I feel free to comment. I think Jen would agree anyway! Previously my best up-do hair day was July 17, 1999. But a new record has been set and my best wedding hair ever is now June 14, 2008. That' what $115 gets you. I loved it.
I missed our camera so much this weekend! We did not get many good pics at the wedding but I am hoping we can order a few from her photographer who no doubt got some great ones. The coolest part of Jen's dress was the middle with beading and a sash (adorable and oh so Jen!!) Sadly you cannot see that in this photo of her coming down the aisle. But you can see how blissfully happy she was.......
THE BALLET RECITAL: I have been looking forward to this for quite some time. Probably since the day December 15, 2004, the first day I became the mom of a little girl. It was so darn cute. The whole thing (all 3 hours of it!) was a lot of fun. Madelyn's bit was about 3 minutes and of course that was our favorite part. It was so fun to see Abby trying the moves from her seat and then waving when she saw her sister on the stage. Madelyn seems to be quite comfortable on the stage. What a shocker! But she did all the moves with her classmates. I was quite surprised....it was the best I had seen it. Better even then in the studio (twice) and the dress rehearsal. I guess it was good to practice in front of an audience multiple times. We all had to chuckle at the very last curtain call when Madelyn waved like a princess the entire time. Oh good, I think she has been bitten by the bug and will want to continue dancing. Of course I'd never make her...but I would have been sad to see her stop. She'll take the summer off and hopefully dust off the dancin' shoes in the fall. Here's a few shots. Yesterday's performance will go straight to DVD, released in about 8-10 weeks. :)
Cutie "Kewpie Doll" doing her thing
Just the four of us
With Glamma and Grandpa
With her teacher, Ms. Carol
She was so excited about all her flowers and had to hold them all herself
Withe Nana and Pop
With Uncle Jason and Aunt Kelly
Members of the Madelyn fan club---we'll be groupies now!
Nana made this balloon bouquet
Happy Father's Day!
Nana made this balloon bouquet
No comments:
Post a Comment