Sunday, November 4, 2007

A bonus

Last week I was complaining about not having enough time in the day. Well today I feel as if I got my wish for more time! With the clocks falling back it could mean an extra hour of sleep but if you wake up at your "normal" time that means you get an extra hour in the day to do things. There still is a missing hour somewhere but the point is I got a lot accomplished today!

It also helped that we started the day without any children. (Abby had her first sleepover last night when she and Madelyn slept at my parent's house.) I actually read some of the morning newspaper and ate breakfast.

Kevin and I had a great night out last night! We went to a fundraising event for Madelyn's preschool. The theme was Brew-Ha-Ha....a beer and cheese pairing and silent auction. It was so much fun to socialize with the members of this dynamic preschool community. I have had some hesitations about a couple things with the school and after last night I have none. I had a very nice chat with Madelyn's teacher and that gave me a whole new perspective on things. The other moms and dads were great also. We met a couple that sends their 2- and 4-year-old daughters to Peabody for dance and music; a mom who's third baby was a surprise (as in she did not know she was pregnant until her water broke---for real! I am still amazed); a couple (in-laws of one of the teachers) who lived in Dunmore when all the houses were new; and lots more cool people with fascinating stories!

The really big news is we won two silent auction items: an adorable handmade ballet bag and an amazingly gorgeous tutu (as in I wish it came in my size!). Both will be birthday presents for Madelyn, if I can wait that long! But listen to this about the tutu......they are actually made by a mom of one Madelyn's classmates. Click here to go to her website to see just how precious these mini-mountains of tulle are! You know there will be photos here of Madelyn in hers when she opens hers. Madelyn has the one the little model (who happens to be the Ellie of Ellie Bellie Kids.) These tutus---and the capes you will see on the website---were featured in Cookie Magazine! I actually saw them in the magazine and thought those are so cute...little did I know not only are they being made in my town but the creative genius behind them is a friend! WOW. We are going to have to get some of the capes too at some point. Too adorable.

So begins birthday week. My dad's is Tuesday and Kevin's is Thursday. That all means lots of cake, eating out and just general celebration. I better save some points and make plans for an extra run or two. Other than that it should be a fairly low key week. What a shocker!

No comments: