Friday, November 16, 2007

"It's the most wonderful time of the year..."

Yes, that is what I heard when I turned on the radio today. Bing Crosby (I think?) was crooning this well-loved Christmas song over the airwaves. After that was "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" by Jim Henson and The Muppets. What the heck? I had to check my watch for the date. But yes indeedy it seems that the radio station has started the all-day, everyday Christmas music already. Christmas starts earlier and earlier every year. That's okay I really do love Christmas (and Christmas music) but hearing all these familiar tunes does put me into a little bit of panic mode and remind me of how much we need to do between now and December 25th.

The weather is certainly feeling more seasonal. Abigail is clearly a summer girl and was a tad annoyed to be all decked out in the winter coat, hat and mittens. But who does not love a toddler all bundled up?

In protest, in the car on the way to the store, she took off her shoes and socks.

Nana took Madelyn to school today where they tell me they "talked turkey." There was a very adorable craft that came home, as usual.

So that left me with just one child. We went out shopping which was relatively relaxing. I guess in comparison to shopping with two kids just the one seemed like a picnic. I am sure someone with three or more kids would scoff at my struggles with two! It's all relative. But we had fun and I actually found two pairs of pants and two shirts. Shocker! And a pretty good bargain to boot.

No comments: