Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Procrastination Station

The only real news I have today is our poor little Abby has an ear infection....either another one or the last one that never went away. Though I dreaded it all day I am glad we made the trek to the pediatrician. I am so scared for the flight tomorrow. It could be really horrible for her. The doctor gave us some numbing ear drops. $40---and that was with the insurance!!! It would have been $190 without insurance. I am so thankful for having a good insurance plan. Anyway, I have worried about a flight many times before and it has always been fine. So here's hoping for tomorrow.

We have to go back to the doctor in two weeks and we might talk about tubes. All the antibiotics can't be good for her either. We will see. I am just hoping to have an easy and pain-free flight for her tomorrow.

Now on to the fluff.

I should be packing but I keep getting distracted.

First it was watching the TiVo'd Oprah from today. I mean in the spirit of the holidays I am happy for those people who got all of her favorite things....but I am completely green with envy! Man. It happens every year and tonight was no different. Kevin asked why I did not just turn it off as he heard me shouting from the next room. Good point. But there were some really cool ideas. Totally out of my budget. Those lucky few who not only attended the show but got all those cool things. But who needs a super cool refrig. with a LCD TV, the weather, a radio and so much more? Not me. An ice maker and filtered water on the door is all I need. Beggars can't be choosers. I went to an Oprah Show once (2002) where she treated us very kindly.

The next distraction was the message board for The Bachelor. That's right I said it. I am one of the very, very few that stuck with the season of The Bachelor. That is just 10 or so hours of my life I will never get back. What a waste that whole thing was. Maybe I will have learned my lesson. I have to get packing though because I want to see the After the Final Rose episode. But then I am really done with it. :)

Back to packing---my parents are going to drop us off at the airport and we have to leave the house at 5:30.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!

No comments: